- Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- 104km² of beautiful nature
- Entry > 44 Rupees
To the north west of the buzzing metropolis of Mumbai is a huge expanse of natural beauty just waiting to be discovered: Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP). Inside there is a lot to experience and it’s definitely worth making the trip there to escape the hectic city. Discover the hidden gems of the park which are just a stone’s throw away from the Western Express highway.
How to get there?
- Train > Go north to Borivali Railway Station. Take an auto-rickshaw to the park entrance
- Car > Join the Western Express Highway going North. Exit @ National Park / Kulupwadi
What to expect:
Price > 15 rupees (Indian) / 200 rupees (Non-Indian)
Stunningly carved shrines paying homage to the Buddha. A truly unforgettable experience walking in, out and around ancient caves dating back to the 1st Century BCE. Feel a sense of humbleness appreciating the skill and craftsmanship to create this wonderful place.
Price > 58 rupees
Knowing that these two species are protected within the confines of a major metropolitan area brings a smile to the face. Although the cats are kept in enclosures, on the trip you’ll be able to see them in all their beauty.
- We’d love to hear your suggestions too, have any highlights been missed? Please leave your comments below: